August 28, 2014 by Jen Cudmore
Recently God challenged me to pay close attention to what comes out of my mouth. Here are some things I’ve been pondering:
1) Are my words uplifting and encouraging? Full of hope and life? Do I promote freedom and peace?
OR Am I more negative, speaking with despair, criticism, judgement, or complaint?
2) Do I speak positive things over my life and other people? Does blessing flow throughout my speech?
OR Do I curse myself and others by saying words that tear down and create bondage?
3) Do I humble myself, as Scripture commands? Am I trying to please God with my words?
OR Do I promote myself and seek to make myself look good? Am I trying to impress others and win their approval?
4) Am I grateful for the good in my life, despite the bad?
OR Do I complain and focus on all that has gone wrong?
5) Am I careful with my words? Do I think through all I want to say and speak with purpose?
OR Do I speak whatever comes to mind, careless words without wisdom?
Our conversation matters to God. It’s our choice to speak life rather than death.
I’ve got some work to do! What about you?
©Jen Cudmore 2014, All Rights Reserved
For free updates, subscribe on the right side of the page! You’ll receive a notice each time I post a new blog as well as my e-Newsletter at the end of each month.
Sorry, comments are closed.