Google + RSS Feed

When it rains …

September 22, 2014 by Jen Cudmore

rainstorm

Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you’ve been boiled in hot lava and then tossed off a cliff onto a pile of sharp rocks? Then when you muster the strength to try to get up, a stampede of buffalo tramples on what’s was left of you?

Sometimes that expression is totally true: When it rains, it pours. Good thing we don’t have to face life’s storms alone! I don’t know how people survive tough times without the comfort of an amazing God!

Here are some truths I have been trying to focus on for the past few days. I reread When Life is Hard this week, which greatly helped me regroup. When I study God’s word and pray without ceasing, I always feel my chin lift a little. I hope you find these truths encouraging when the rain comes your way!

–  My flesh wants to run and hide, but God wants me to stay put. I choose to remain under the pressure. I may want God to change the situation, but He wants to change ME. He’s raising me to a new level of dependence.

–  God’s plan & purpose is far greater than my current discomfort. There’s something going on behind the scenes that is far greater than little ole me.

–  He’s monitoring the heat of the furnace and pouring out the strength I need in each moment.

–  The weight of some trials drives us to our face before God, utterly helpless. I flat out don’t have the resources to fix this; I am way in over my head and only God can get me out.

–  God is serious about my sanctification; He uses trials to make us holy and grow our faith. He wants to change me at the deepest and most lasting level.

–  Once I have passed this test, I will never want to go back to that person I was before.

©Jen Cudmore 2014, All Rights Reserved

For free updates, subscribe on the right side of the page! You’ll receive a notice each time I post a new blog as well as my e-Newsletter at the end of each month.

Digiprove sealCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2014

8 comments

1. Jessica Smith says:

Thanks for sharing this Jen!! This was very encouraging! It is always amazing to me to see God working in me and the transformation is definitely worth all the heartache.

2. Kim says:

Thanks Jen, I needed this encouragement today!

3. alice says:

jen ,
    You are a constant delight in my life.
    I am so proud of you, you have grown in the Lord so very much.
    He will lead us out of our storms if we let Him and choose to learn what He has for us in this period of our Christian growth.. thank you for your wisdom.

4. Anita says:

Feeling like I did yesterday – fits perfectly in your opening paragraph. Today, still bruised and battered but knowing God will lift me up and carry me to face my challenges today.

I shouldn’t be, but continue to be in awe how I am lead to your blog just at the right moment to be encouraged.

Thank you Jen and long may you be inspired by the Spirit to share His wisdom with the needy.

Anita

5. Really needed to hear this today! Thanks Jen!!!

6. Jen Cudmore says:

I have such great friends!
    I’m glad you were all encouraged. This world is not our home, but at least we have each other to make it a little bit easier!

7. SK Bell says:

I’m really glad you shared this. There are all kinds of storms, of course, and today’s storm for me was really minor… but it felt like a storm, nonetheless, and this is such a nice encouragement!

8. rene says:

Jenny – I am so proud of you my sister. I love you. you are such a blessing and an encouragement.

Sorry, comments are closed.

Welcome to my Blog!

Want Free Email Updates? Enter your email below and click 'subscribe'.

Jen also posts at: