September 22, 2014 by Jen Cudmore
Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you’ve been boiled in hot lava and then tossed off a cliff onto a pile of sharp rocks? Then when you muster the strength to try to get up, a stampede of buffalo tramples on what’s was left of you?
Sometimes that expression is totally true: When it rains, it pours. Good thing we don’t have to face life’s storms alone! I don’t know how people survive tough times without the comfort of an amazing God!
Here are some truths I have been trying to focus on for the past few days. I reread When Life is Hard this week, which greatly helped me regroup. When I study God’s word and pray without ceasing, I always feel my chin lift a little. I hope you find these truths encouraging when the rain comes your way!
– My flesh wants to run and hide, but God wants me to stay put. I choose to remain under the pressure. I may want God to change the situation, but He wants to change ME. He’s raising me to a new level of dependence.
– God’s plan & purpose is far greater than my current discomfort. There’s something going on behind the scenes that is far greater than little ole me.
– He’s monitoring the heat of the furnace and pouring out the strength I need in each moment.
– The weight of some trials drives us to our face before God, utterly helpless. I flat out don’t have the resources to fix this; I am way in over my head and only God can get me out.
– God is serious about my sanctification; He uses trials to make us holy and grow our faith. He wants to change me at the deepest and most lasting level.
– Once I have passed this test, I will never want to go back to that person I was before.
©Jen Cudmore 2014, All Rights Reserved
For free updates, subscribe on the right side of the page! You’ll receive a notice each time I post a new blog as well as my e-Newsletter at the end of each month.