June 15, 2015 by Jen Cudmore
For the past couple weeks I’ve been looking into how to create a support group for wives in troubled marriages. I’ve come to the conclusion that the best way to help is to start a ministry!
This is a huge step out of my comfort zone, but I’m excited to encourage other wives who are struggling. I don’t know exactly what it will all look like when its all put together, but I am planning to simply start off with a blog.
Why create a ministry for Christian wives?
Because sometimes, even without the destruction of abuse, addiction, or adultery, marriage is hard.
There are several ministries that reach out to pastors’ wives, military wives, and missionary wives. But what about us average women in need of a little hope and help in our marriage? I want to offer a program for wives to help them break free from disillusionment to find the abundant life Jesus offers.
Marriage tips abound, all over the internet and in tons of books. That’s not what I want to provide. Just like when a person makes the choice to become more physically fit, it’s a change of lifestyle. Marriage tips are equivalent to a diet – they can get a good result but don’t typically leave a lasting imprint on a person.
What we need is a change of lifestyle.
So I am creating a group called:
Ezer Kenegdo Ministries
Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a [ezer kenegdo] for him.”
God provided the funds I need to start this process, so here we go! Over the next few weeks, I am hoping you will partner with me in prayer for “phase one” of this process as I:
1) File paperwork with the state to create a non-profit organization.
2) Select a board of directors. (I have an idea of a couple people to approach, but I want to be sure to choose the right folks.)
3) Write out a list of articles and bi-laws. (Yawn – not looking forward to that part!)
4) Hire a company to create a sharp, professional logo image I can use. (I’ve already got an idea of what I want it to look like.)
5) Create a website with a blog where I can continue to share tips on marriage based on my own experiences.
My goal is to have “phase one” complete this fall. This is taking a lot of my time, so I will be cutting back on my blogs here. Thanks for your support!
©Jen Cudmore 2015, All Rights Reserved
For free updates, subscribe on the right side of the page! You’ll receive a notice each time I post a new blog as well as my e-Newsletter at the end of each month.
Sorry, comments are closed.